Link to a drawing

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inca Ruins

 Susan, ever at the camera, shoots from the bus on the way to Ingapirca


A trip to Ingapirca

Sunday, February 13, I joined a bus load of Gringo(a)s on a tour. We went to the Inca/Canar ruins at Incapirca. On the way we visited a church at Biblian and the market at Canar. The tribe called Canar were conquered by the Incas. The ruins at Ingapirca were of a temple shared by the tribes after that conquest. I was feeling a bit off that day and didn't participate in all of the forced marches. I did walk around the ruin, my main interest. I often thought of my brother who in his youth loved to pile stones upon other stones. He would have been in his element when the temple was being built had he been there. In olden times this area was cloud forest, thick with trees. The trees have been thinned out but the clouds are there. The whole day was spent in drifting mist. The altitude about a thousand feet higher than Cuenca.


  LLamas near the Ingapirca ruins, they make a sound like a small dog barking.


Stones to the  left have been laid out for repair of the temple, by the builders? or recently?


 A view of the ruins


 Every other day theres a photo in the papers of a bus in a revine....now I know why.


Two Gringas book case Maria, the guide's mom. Maria came on the trip, nice woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment