Link to a drawing

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Ingapirca photos & winding down

Detail of flowers of a tree on the Ingapirca site


This noon several of the gringos who collect at the bookstore in the morning had lunch at the California Kitchen. I joined them. A nice restraunt about eight blocks away. Two of the Gringas were to leave the next day. One returning to Mexico where she lives. The other to explore Costa Rica. I think I had sworn to keep away from gringos. It is difficult to ignore the common language, culture and circumstance(s). So you get to know people. If I was the hermit I fancy myself sometimes I would be up in the hills cooking over a wood fire. I'd only come into town once a month for supplies. One could easily live for a couple of hundred a month. Wash and bathe in a stream. This is how its done in the boonies just outside Cuenca. But damn that water's cold! The solar water heater wouldn't have been much use during the past month. The climate is not what I expected, too wet. The locals say this is unusual. Be that as it may...Mexico is starting to look interesting for next year. Columbia is also a possibility, the Caribean coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment