Link to a drawing

Thursday, December 9, 2010

First Solo into Gringolandia

The photos (cheap cam) are, Basilica del Vote Nacional, Sandy being cute and Statue of Simon Bolivar near Banco Central

My first day out solo. Took the training wheels off to visit the lawyer and a cardio doctor. Rode various busses. Next time I will spend the money and take a taxi. Not because of security although that's an ever present thought.  More because of the hills and the wear and tear of walking twenty blocks a day. Plus, after six days I doubt I am fully adapted to the thin air. The lawyer got the $350 needed to launch the visa application. That process will take a while but I believe it is in good hands. Residence status is the goal, then I can find my quieter spot and root a little.

The cardio doctor gave me an EKG and recommended a local diag center for an echo cardiogram. I will be setting that up soon. Today's visit was $40, the cost of a few Q tips on a stateside bill. Don't know what the echo diag will be, much less than stateside I expect.

I saw the statue of Bolivar near the Banco Central late afternoon. The advise to take a jacket is sound. The air cools in the late pm in a predictable way. There were rain showers as I left the last bus. They thankfully ended as I started up the hill to the house. This hill, part of the volcano's skirt I believe, would do credit to San Francisco's topology. It's no trek for an old guy was today's message.

No comments:

Post a Comment